Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Passions

One of my true passions is trying to make a name for myself in this industry. "The brand identity itself does not have to be visible – brands can be associated with events or viral campaigns, which are promoted by word-of-mouth rather than visible trademarks or logos" (Page 27 How Brands Are Made). Also putting out great quality products, I know as a young aspiring artist these are huge goals but I feel that I could fill the shoes. I love the idea of being inspired by other people, being around a wide variety of people will helped me create a more diverse sense of style. Also social media, I think its become a great thing it helps any artist to get his/hers name out there on any level. "Essentially branding yourself is a self-development technique made easy by perceiving yourself as a brand. By being your own brand, you are able to view yourself objectively, and that is the power of personal branding. ‘Rebranding’ a person can be used to improve an image, to help progress a career, to get back into the workforce" (Page 149 How Brands Are Made). Myself as a brand is being created first, once my name is out there, putting out products will come next. People will take a second look at the brand because there is going to be many aspects to it. Not only branding myself, but as a company as well. "Some brands are so recognised by their design, products or tone of voice, they do not need to promote themselves through a logo. If the name is not known and the campaign or product is good, people will investigate the brand for themselves. As a consequence, branding is now becoming more subtle and clever" (Page 134 How Brands Are Made). Myself as a brand will make people appreciate the product that comes after. If the individual likes me, most likely they will be interested in the next step in the company. Also I take pride in people being themselves; its easy to mimic someone, but harder to find yourself and express it."A major influence is that of the individual and his or her demand of brands: that brands be more authentic and truthful in their engagement with us, and that life be simpler than it currently is" (Page 22How Brands Are Made).


No comments:

Post a Comment