Wednesday, September 17, 2014

How has Fashion Desgin & Creativity Changed your Life

Growing up in Honolulu, Hawaii there isn't a enormous interest in anything fashion. As a child growing up on a farm I didn't have a lot of desire that i would develop an eye for fashion. But there was one thing that my parents picked up that i never noticed; my grandmother would always tie my shoes when i didn't know how to, and i always had many pairs of sneakers and slippers. My parents think that's where i started to figure out what was going on. Moving to Las Vegas i got interested in clothing more and through out middle and high school i was always best dressed; the next step was taking it further into a career. "Opportunities- Fashion is not only dressing up and making clothes, you can build many careers from a fashion degree. The fashion industry opens numerous of doors for people whether you are interested in being in front of the camera, behind the camera or styling and making the garment. The possibilities are truly endless"(http://fashionalldayerrday.blogspot.com/2012/05/10-positive-effects-of-fashion-industry.html). So as a brand new student at this school I have developed a whole new outlook on fashion. Besides the love for apparel, there is another side to it that I never would've looked into. Attending this institution help me bring out my creativity side, I can finally express myself not only through clothing but by art, and other media. "Freedom of expression- Fashion is one of the ultimate way to express yourself. One of the first impression people have of you is from your appearance. But one of the great aspects of fashion is that you are free to be whoever you want to be with your choice of fashion. With fashion you have that ability to mix and match wardrobes according to your mood, attitude and feeling."(http://fashionalldayerrday.blogspot.com/2012/05/10-positive-effects-of-fashion-industry.html). Being boxed in by high school lessons and lectures it made it hard to find my true passion something I wanted to do in life. Then I found fashion, I am very interested in anything that has to do with it. Mainly fashion design, and styling; I am knowledgeable in both of those so i wanted to learn about an aspect that I would benefit from. So I got into fashion and retail management. "Inspiration- Fashion inspires others to be creative and to want to build a career from it. Fashion motivates others to further their knowledge by attending fashion schools and turning dreams into a reality. There is an inspiration in fashion to influence you to be different"(http://fashionalldayerrday.blogspot.com/2012/05/10-positive-effects-of-fashion-industry.html).

No comments:

Post a Comment